Monday, January 10, 2011

Dirt

We had a young man come by yesterday and present his vacuum and air purification product for our company. He was demonstrating to us what our vacuum and other cleaning tools miss in my weekly cleaning routines. It was quite impressive. I thought my home looked clean and I believe it would to anyone's naked eye. However, we were shown proof that there was underlying dirt that had not been picked up.

This morning while I was washing my floor, I began to think of that more and wonder how much "dirt" I am missing each day in my own life. Again, to the naked eye, I appear to be a good Christian woman who loves the Lord. I attend church regularly, I talk to the Lord, I teach my children about Him, I lead music at church, I work with the Sunday School children, etc.... This all is true. However, all of that will not make my heart clean before the Lord. I don't believe I would be able to handle the evidence of the dirt within me, if He were to come in and demonstrate His air purification and vacuum system to me.

As amazing as it was, we chose to not purchase the product we were shown yesterday. Currently, the cost was more than we would currently be comfortable with paying. The amazing thing is that Jesus has given me His purification system FREE OF CHARGE! He not only gave it to me, but He bought it for me!!! Another bonus is that I am able to accept this gift each day. I am able to use it to rid my heart of the dirt within daily. If I had to see the evidence all at once, I do believe I would fail before I even began.

How many people have every said, "This house is a mess!" That's how I feel about my heart somedays. It is just a mess and needs a good cleaning! I'm so appreciative that I have been given the most efficient cleaning tools.

By the way, it did give me great joy that the young man said our house was actually very clean. =)

No comments: