Saturday, January 22, 2011

BOOK REVIEW: Tithing test me in this

I was looking forward to reading a book about tithing. I was excited to read a book that I believed would back up my belief about tithing. I was disappointed with this book. I was hoping and looking for more Scriptural input and a case to be built about the importance of tithing. This book was comprised of several personal testimonies of people faithful in tithing. I cannot deny that these people have been used by God and blessed by Him. I appreciate their giving to the Lord and His work. I am slightly uncomfortable about people speaking publicly in detail about their tithing habits. I believe that it is a very personal thing that should be done in private.

All in all, I would not recommend this book. I was not impressed by the content. I found the author to give too many intricate details that, to me, didn't need to be included.

I received the book Tithing test me in this by Douglas Leblanc complimentary from BookSneeze and have in no way been paid for my review of it.

No comments: